Thursday, October 10, 2013

Quick Tip - Pyramid

So here is one of my newest layouts --  Pyramid. Every time I see it it makes me smile.  These are my best friends and any time with them is a good time.  Most of them I have known since high school, but some of them I have known since grade school.  And let me tell you...that was a long time ago!  I could wax on forever about how awesome they are, but that's not really why you are here, is it?

Today I am going to share a simple tip for creating a vellum journaling spot like I did in this layout:


Step One:
Create a new layer by clicking on this icon:



Step Two:
Using the Marquee Tool, draw out a rectangle.




Step Three:
Fill it with white (or whatever color you wish) by selecting the Paint Bucket tool and clicking within the "marching ants."  Then,  deselect it (Ctrl or Cmd +D).



Step Four:
Reduce the opacity.  I reduced it to around 40%.



Step Five:
Add a shadow.  My settings were:  Size = 5, Distance = 10, Opacity = 30.



That's it!  Feel free to ask questions if you have any and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment